Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The new office

I'm in the new office now. It's not too bad. It's a bit small, and the kitchen is, well, not a kitchen but rather a sink and a cupboard in a corner. But overall it's livable.

The drive in is much nicer. A comparison: On my old route to the old office I usually stopped at a garage to buy a newspaper. Often I'd have to inch around a van or some sort. Yesterday at the garage on the nice country lane through a small village I had to inch around a tractor. Pity this garage doesn't seem to sell newspapers. The new drive is lots of nice country roads, scattered with huge mansions that I will never be able to afford. It also takes me past the Epsom racecourse, so I suspect come Derby-time I may need an alternative route.

It didn't take too long either. 30 minutes, compared to 20 minutes to the old place. Bearing in mind it's twice the distance, this isn't too bad. Of course the end of the school holidays will have a big effect though.

Currently we have internet access but nothing else, so I can't actually do any work. Shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home