Nej's Natterings

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Damn I'm bored

I'm sitting at the last assembled desk in the old office, surrounded by packing crates and disassembled furniture. There's nobody else here. I can't go because I need to stay in case of an emergency on our main tracking website, and because I've got to babysit a RAID array rebuild on a server that decided to go wrong just as we were about to back it up before unplugging and moving it.

What fun.

Tomorrow I'm going to the new office. Hopefully there'll be some kind of internet access then (BT are working on it at the moment); otherwise if there's a problem I'll have to drive back here to sort it out.

And in very irritating news, Ele called me yesterday afternoon to say there's a nail in the tyre of the big car and it's gone flat. I talked her through using the air compressor and she drove it down to ATS, but it's too near the edge and can't be repaired. So that's £150 for someone to come and fit a new tyre. Wonderful.

In slightly more amusing news, those of you with Firefox might have noticed the inbuilt spell checker that highlights words if you spell them incorrectly (or in a non-American way) whilst typing. Type the word buckinghamshire (not with a capital B), then right-click the word when it underlines it to give you the list of options. Very amusing, in a schoolboy sort of way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home