Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hi-ho Hi-ho...

...Moving offices we go.

Yes, the Great Office Move is finally almost here. Today marks my last day of work in the building that I have spent the last 6 and a half years in. Gone will be the 25 minute commute. Gone will be the amazing views from our 5th floor windows (we can often see the arch at the new Wembley Stadium which is about 13 miles away). Gone will be the luxury of space.

In its place there will be a commute of undefinable length (until the summer holidays are over and the traffic levels are back to normal I've no idea how long it will take), a view of a field (nice) and the M25 (not so nice), and half the space that I've been used to as I downsize to a single desk. Still, at least I've bagged a window seat.

And we had the pleasant surprise of a bunch of packing crates arriving last week. I've packed up most of my stuff, with just computers, monitors, servers, network switch, KVM, 8-way extension cords etc to do (i.e. most of it). This will be packed tomorrow, so there will will probably be a short interlude of a few days whilst everything gets setup at the new place.

Please imagine there is some hold music playing during this time.

On another note, did you see her? Did you? On the TV? Last night? Jessica was on the TV! She was in several playground and classroom scenes (once right in front of the camera) in Little Devil last night on ITV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home