Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

You may as well face it, you're addicted to mints

My name's Neil, and I'm a mint-aholic.

Seriously. I'm totally addicted to Wrigley's Extra Mints. This, in itself, is not a problem. They are neither going to bankrupt me nor kill me.

But, I am facing a huge problem. There are none left. Anywhere. Nobody seems to sell them any more. Tesco, the newsagents, petrol stations... all seem to have none. This has been going on for a while - I used to buy multi-packs from Tesco every weekend, but then they stopped, so I just picked up a couple of packets whenever I found any. But now, nowhere has any. This morning the petrol station had the 7 packets left in the country (from what I can tell), so I bought them all. I've now got a sufficient supply to last a couple of weeks, but what then?

WHAT WILL I DO?

I can't give up cigarettes and mints in the same fortnight! Oh, by the way, I haven't had a cigarette for a few days. It's been very easy because I've been promising myself that I'll have another one soon - perhaps on Saturday at the High School Drinking Club reunion. Except, of course, that if you smoke in a pub these days a civil servant will force you at gunpoint to the nearest cash machine and take all of your money. I fully intend on having cigs on the occasional occasion, just not day-to-day. We'll see how long that lasts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home