Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

If only petrol was edible

A record was achieved last night. But first, some background.

When I go food shopping by myself, I follow this pattern:

1 - Make a list of what we need to buy.
2 - Goto Tesco and buy it, plus anything else needed that I've forgotten to put on the list.

When Ele comes with me, the pattern is similar, but subtely different:

1 - Make a list of what we need to buy.
2 - Goto Tesco and buy it, plus anything else needed that I've forgotten to put on the list, plus anything else that looks nice.

This small addition to the end of Step 2 means that shopping is always more expensive when she comes along too.

Now, due to the hangover after the aforementioned Reunion, we didn't all go to Tesco on Sunday, as would be the norm. Instead, I went myself last night which, if you are familiar with the days of the week, you would know was Monday.

I managed to buy the weekly shopping for just under £50. Not quite the lowest it's ever been, but quite a good trip. I then went to fill the car up with petrol, because it was completely - and I mean completely - empty.

So, can you see what the record was? Do you care? No? Well, never mind I'll tell you anyway. It was that the cost of filling the car up with petrol was - for the first time ever - more expensive than the week's shopping.


Wow, I managed to make a whole blog out of that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home