Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Water water everywhere, and there's actually some to drink

Hurrah - I can drink my tap water again! This means I don't need to go down to Tesco's carrying a baseball bat to murder anyone that gets in the way of my water-gathering again. There was a picture today in the paper of a bloke in Bournemouth who has loaded up the back of his people carrier with hundreds of bottles of water. This is stupid for two reasons:

1 - It is very selfish to those who also need water.
2 - There is no contamination problem in Bournemouth, making it completely unnecessary.

And today, in breaking predictable news, Gordon Brown visited a flood-hit area for ooh, about 5 minutes, and proclaimed it to be the fault of..... climate change! What an idiot, especially when it has been widely written about how this is the fault of the jetstream (where the cold air from the north meets the warm air from the south causing an area of low pressure) occuring further south than usual, so it is over us, instead of safely north of us. This is not climate change, it is merely an unfortunate event. In any event, if the cold bit has gone further down than normal, it can easily be argued that it is "stronger" than the warm bit; if the world is warming up to this huge degree (geddit?) then surely the warm bit would be stronger, pushing the low pressure area even further north? Then we'd have nice hot temperatures like the rest of Europe currently has.

There you go - explained in laymans terms. The BBC don't use terms like "warm bit" , do they?

Anyway, I've had enough now and I demand that government do something to reinstate Summer. A few months back I wrote that nothing could stop it coming, not even Tony Blair, but it appears to have stopped anyway - a rare example of me being wrong. I'm not sure Blair had anything to do with it, but I'm still looking for the evidence and haven't ruled it out entirely.


PS - Sorry, Coleridge, for the shameless way I have bastardized your poem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home