Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Coincidence

Yesterday, whilst scrolling through the numbers in my mobile to find the one for Natwest (incidentally, the money is back in my account now), I came across the number of an old friend we shall refer to as Nathan, for that is his name. Those of you familiar with the alphabet will realise that his name would have come just before that of Natwest in my phonebook.

As I scrolled past his number I thought I really must get in contact with him. It's been about 2 or 3 years since we last spoke or got together.

Later on that evening, I got a text message from him. Coincidence? Well, obviously. But quite a nice one.

Further messages ensued, and it was determined that not only do I have a son (which I knew), but that he also has one now (which I didn't know). His daughter is nearly 4, and the last time we got together (or spoke, for that matter) was when she was newborn. Unbelievable how time flies along like this - this is a person that I would consider a "best friend", and to not have spoken for so many years is a disgrace. We have agreed that the situation has to be rectified, so shall be arranging a meeting soon.

Happy days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home