Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Not so fast

So, the HIP things have been delayed, which means we don't have to rush our house on the market, but can wait until August.

This is good, because it means we can do a few jobs that need doing, like sorting out the garden and repainting the door frame outside.

But, it's also annoying because it only comes into effect for 4-bed houses, which ours is.

So this leads to an interesting question: What constitutes a bedroom? I'd rather market our house as a 3-bed house with an upstairs reception room/music studio/playroom/dressing room/walk-in closet/study etc, because then we can avoid the stupid £600 HIP cost.

But I'm sure we wouldn't get away with it. Thing is, though, there's nothing to stop us from putting a bed in, say, our dining room, and then having a 5-bed house.

So who is going to decide exactly what the classification of a bedroom is? Glad to see the government haven't managed to add even more confusion to an already confusing issue.

2 Comments:

  • Hello All

    I know that this might be a wrong forum to air our needs. I am from Africa, Zambia in particular and I am a Missionary Pastor with a local church, Liberty Christian Center. I am married to Happy with 3 wonderful children. 2 Years ago I had the previlage to serve as a Missionary with a Church in the USA and it was then that I was introduced to PIPS and was able to deposit with them the only money that I was able t save during my stay in the USA. Its of cause common knowleged about what happened with PiPs. But my desire and need is to be impowered to buy a piece of land so that I and my family can grow some food for our survival. We are earnestly looking for 1,000 to 1,500 pounds to aquire this piece of land. We have been trying to invest $10-50 here and there but seems that all the programmes are not working. We would shade more details to any one who would be willing to donate any amount.

    We look foward hearing from you soon

    Moffat Sinyinza
    e-mail iconscafe@inbox.com or cell: +26095-5434267 or +26097-7892767.

    By Blogger icons, at 6:48 pm  

  • Well said.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home