Nej's Natterings

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Service

Both of the Customer and Car kind. This is what happened:

Last Week:
"I'd like to book my car in for it's first service, please. How much is that?"
"About £195."
"Ok, how about a courtesy car?"
"No problem. Next Thursday?"
"Done."

Yesterday:
"Hello?"
"It's the Mitsubishi dealer here, there's been a bit of a cock-up and we haven't got a courtesy car for you, but we can pick it up from your office and deliver it back again."
"Sounds fine to me."

Today:
09:45 - Man picks up car. I watch it's progress via the tracker. He didn't speed, but did take a slightly odd route to the dealer. The ignition goes on and off a few times as it goes in and out of the workshop.
13:00 - "Hello?"
"It's the Mitsubishi dealer here, your car's done. That'll be £285 please."
"Er, come again?"
"£285, please."
"I don't think so, you quoted me about £195."
"Well, the service is £205, and the there was the other bits."
"£205 is fine, close enough to £195, but what other bits?"
"We changed the windscreen wipers! They needed doing."
"No they didn't. More to the point, I didn't ask you to do it. I asked for a service, nothing more."
"I'll call you back."

5 minutes later
"Hello?"
"That'll be £205, please."
"Better."

I've no idea what the other charges were for, because windscreen wipers don't usually cost £80. It's a Mitsubishi, not a Maserati. I guess the invoice will tell, when they get back here with it. They did say they were leaving straight away, but 20 minutes after the phone call it's still parked there.

Cheeky bloody so and so's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home