Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I was right!

Only a couple of months ago, in these hallowed webpages, I speculated that the Olympics would end up costing £10billion, not the £3billion originally stated.

And in the news at the end of last week? The Olympics are going to cost £10billion. So I was right. As usual. As I said at the time, it was always going to cost that much, it's just that if they had said that from the start the plan would never have got approval. So they said it'd cost £3billion to get it off the ground, then hit us with the real cost later, when it's too late to back out.

The reason for posting this late, incidentally, is that Ele and I swanned off to Stratford-Upon-Avon for the weekend, sans kiddies. We had a nice, relaxing time, we saw Shakespeare's house (in the company of about a thousand Americans. In August I could understand this, but it was very suprising in mid-March), we shopped, we had a canal-boat ride and we visited a 14th century haunted house at night, for a lantern-lit tour. Very spooky. Ele was quite scared, and there was one girl on the tour that was really really scared. At one point we were all standing in a line up some stairs and the guide was telling us about how some people had felt their hair being tugged whilst standing there. I was standing next to the really scared girl, a couple of steps higher than her. I was so tempted to reach out and tug her hair, but I resisted. We visited some pubs, ate some nice food and stayed in a really nice hotel. Oh, and we managed to do a geocache, too.

Just what we needed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home