Nej's Natterings

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Running out of patience...

Yet, again, things did not go according to plan...

The trial version of the Acronis software didn't let you do half the stuff, so we bought a copy to download. No biggie, it's only $50.

So I started plugged the old drive and a new drive into my PC (thereby bypassing the RAID card), booted off the True Image boot disk and set it cloning. Here is the first snag. It was going to take 6 hours.

We decided that we didn't fancy waiting until 2am for it to finish, so I left it going and went back in the morning before work, expecting it to have finished. But it hadn't. Instead, it had completely frozen and locked up the computer with... ready? 1 minute, 32 seconds left to go...

There are no words not classified by the Oxford English Dictionary as vulgar to describe my feelings this morning.

I tried booting from it anyway, but it didn't work, unsuprisingly.

So now I'm going to try creating an image of the old drive onto a new drive and then restoring that image, but I've a feeling it's not going to work. That'll be the job for Friday evening and then I'll see the results on Saturday morning. If it creates the image I'll set it restoring the image to another drive. I'll see the results of that on Sunday morning.

I really hate computers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home