Nej's Natterings

Monday, February 19, 2007

Variety is the spice of life

I like to vary what I do at the weekends. This Sunday I did this:

Got up at 5am.
Drove to Heathrow.
Picked up Damian, Maggie & Louis (Damian is Ele's brother. You can figure out the rest yourselves).
Drove to Anastasia's house (Maggie's mum) to drop them off and have a cup of tea.
Drove home.
Drove to my parent's house.
Drove them to Heathrow.
Drove home.
Drove to Tesco's.
Drove home.
Drove to Anastasia's house. Watched the football, ate dinner, chatted etc.
Drove home.
Went to bed.

Now if the various parties concerned had co-ordinated their arrivals and departures a bit better, half of this would have been unneccessary. If my parents had had a 9am flight, or if Damian & Maggie had arrived at 10am rather than 5:30am I could have driven my parents to the airport and picked up the others in one go. This would have been far more sensible, but of course it didn't work like that.

I now have 7 airport-free days until next Monday, when I have to go pick up my parents again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home