Nej's Natterings

Monday, January 15, 2007

Waffle, waffle, yawn

I've just sat through a very boring presentation.

As it concerns the activities of our parent company and how much they are growing etc, it was of no interest, as part of their growth seems to be getting rid of us.

Not only that, it was full of typical corporate nonsense. "We aim to become a global leader in system integration and security by leveraging new synergies between our business divisions". I just made that up, but we had three different presentations by three different senior (rank, rather than age) people each of which waffled crap like what I just wrote.

They could've summed up the whole thing thus: "We want to sell more".

I think I actually missed off about 7 layers of Vice-Presidents and Senior-Vice Presidents in my layers of management entry last week as well, judging by the organisational charts I've just seen.

But - and this is the important bit - we got a free lunch out of it. So it was worth it.


Even better is the news that I got a Paypal refund regarding my non-existant camera. It actually happened only a couple of hours after filing the dispute, which was a big relief. A lot of others have put in claims against that same seller, too, who now has a long list of negative feedback and has been de-registered from Ebay.

So I bought the camera from Jessops instead. They did a buy-now-pay-2008 deal, which I took. If somebody wants to lend me money for free for a year then I'm happy to let them do so. I'll just hang onto my money until then, thank you very much.

They tried to sell me a memory card, but the man got a bit offended when I laughed at him, I think. They seem to think that a 2GB 133x CF card should sell for £129.99. Amazon seem to think it should cost £39.95. Guess who I agree with?

Anyway, it's snazzy and takes great pictures, although Ele is insisting that if I'm buying an expensive camera (a Canon EOS 400d, by the way) that I should learn to use it properly. She has got a good point so I've also ordered a book specifically on photography with digital SLRs. She wasn't so keen on my observation that if I get really into it then I'll want to buy more lenses, and so on. But, that'll be a lesson learnt for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home