Nej's Natterings

Friday, January 12, 2007

Not happy

Today finds me in a bad mood.

Yesterday was good, all in all. It was Ele's 30th birthday so I took the day off work. She had some nice things (I bought her a nice watch. One handy thing about a January birthday is that presents can be bought in the post-Christmas sales!). In the evening we had her parents and a friend over for a nice Indian meal which was delicious. Later on, my parents came over, too.

It was only spoiled (for me, not for her) by two things:

1 - A camera I "bought" from Ebay looks to have been a scam and a hijacked account.
2 - The stupid Bank Of England decided that I obviously had far too much money, so they'd put the interest rates up. Apparantly the ability to buy food is not that high a requirement.

So now I'm having to file a dispute claim with Paypal for the damn camera (plus I'll have to buy the camera anyway, at a higher cost than the Ebay one). I'm hoping I'll get my money back from that - if I don't then I'll be extra-extra pissed off, because I'll have basically bought the damn thing twice and I could only barely afford it the once.

And now I have even less money because the Bank Of England reckoned that salary increases for the new year were more than expected? What bloody salary increase? I haven't had one and I'm unlikely to, either. It just adds up to more money out of our food budget.

How does this help people get out of debt? We now have pretty much no choice but to do at least part of our monthly food shop on a credit card. How is this good? It's not like we buy top of the line foods. We watch what we buy very carefully and only the essentials make it onto the list.

Happy birthday, honey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home