Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

TripIt

I have discovered the greatest website in the world. Check out www.tripit.com.

All you do on this site is email them the emails you get when reserving hotels or cars, or booking flights and it builds the whole lot into an itinerary for you. You don't even need to register initially - it'll just create you a new account based on your email address, and you can then put a password on it when you first login.

I forwarded them my holiday flight details, and sure enough it shows me a nice itinerary with links to local maps, weather reports, a link to SeatGuru (also brilliant) to see what seats are good, and links to the online check-in page at BA.

Sometime later I added my car hire in manually (as it was done through a broker not a main car-hire site), but this was easy.

And just now I sent myself an email from Expedia where I booked our hotel in Atlanta for our first night. I then forwarded that into TripIt, and within a couple of minutes, it had appeared in my itinerary, and had even included driving directions from the airport to the hotel as it worked out that's where I'm going. It also put a map on there so I can see exactly where it is.

How brilliant is that? You don't have to do anything and all your travel info, including your reservation numbers and whatnot are all there for you, and of course you can access it whilst on holiday should you need to.

It really is very very easy to use. I don't know how they make money (they probably don't at the moment), but it's an extremely clever site and I really hope they stay in business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home