Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fat Wednesday

Apparently, today has been dubbed Fat Wednesday. A group of people with a pointless budget has done some research and came up with the fact that today is the second most calorific day of the year, after Christmas Day.

Naturally, I would normally scoff at this. However, today instead of my usual healthy-ish lunch of a couple of bits of fruit and a chicken sandwich, I had a ready-meal lasagna and a mars bar, because I didn't have any unfrozen bread at home this morning. Whenever this happens I simply buy a sandwich. But today, I decided to treat myself for no apparent reason. This happened before I found out about Fat Wednesday, incidentally.

Then, a colleague bought in some doughnuts and cakes and muffins as it was his birthday. Naturally, I had to have one of those, too. And judging by how many are left I may have another before the day is out. And with the left-over plethora of easter eggs at home, it is rather likely that I'll eat one of those later, too.

So I can no longer scoff at the findings, rather I can only scoff the fatty foods that today I am seemingly unable to avoid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home