Nej's Natterings

Monday, April 21, 2008

Ripped off

Do you know how much I spent on parking at the weekend? £20.80.

Broken down, this equates to £15.00 in Brighton and £5.80 in Heathrow.

Yes, £15 to park in Brighton! £15!!!! And this was the maxiumum charge as well, it's actually 80p for 15 minutes. Unbelievable. According to that logic I actually made a decent saving, I was there for about 8 hours. If it wasn't capped at £15 it would've come to £25.60.

And the Heathrow charge is irritating, as I was 1 minute over an hour, meaning I moved up a price band. A single bloody minute. If the queue for the lift had been less, or the idiot in front had been able to work out how to put notes into the pay-machine I would easily have slipped in under the 1 hour.

Still, the SeaLife Centre in Brighton did provide good value for money, at £8 each to get in, but the fish and chips in the restaurant on the pier was a bit expensive at £8 each. Very nice, though.

The other expensive thing was the rides on the pier. £4 for a single ride. And one ride was £8 a go!

Somehow I think I'll be giving Brighton a miss from now on.

Oh, and I have to say this: John Prescott had a battle with bulimia? I think we can safely assume it was a battle he won...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home