Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Express delivery

I've said in the past that I have offended the God of Internet Shopping, when attempting to purchase items like fridges and televisions.

I think I have been forgiven.

We decided a while back that we needed to replace the television in our bedroom. We don't watch it that much really, but when we did it was really not up to the job. It was a free 14" LCD TV we got when we bought our first big plasma screen a few years ago. It is a bit rubbish and you need external speakers to make the sound bearable. We did have a bigger CRT but gave this to Ele's parents as they didn't have a TV at all when they moved out of our house.

So, after a bit of thought I decided a 26" widescreen LCD would be far more suitable, and did my usual anal research, deciding on one or two models. A Samsung one would have matched the TV and computer monitor downstairs, and they are both great, but a Panasonic one had better reviews. I did some searching around for prices, and although the Panasonic was generally more expensive, I did find it at one or two places for about the same price as the Samsung one.

Of course then there was the problem of wanting it delivering to a different address to which my card is registered to. A lot of sites won't do this, which is ridiculous. They state security reasons, which I can almost understand, but it really is ludicrous that I'd have to take a day off work to get a TV delivered, especially one that isn't really that big and would easily fit in the car. Also, it was hard to find a site that would satisfy my patience and wallet with deliveries. In other words, I wanted it next-day and I wanted the delivery to be free.

Eventually, I came across www.electrical123.com. They not only had the cheapest price for the set, but it was free delivery, and you could pick your own delivery day, which included the next day. They would deliver to an alterate address, and they also guarantee that if it is shown on their site as available, then it is in stock.

I had not heard of this site before, so I was a little worried, given my past experiences. So, I nervously entered my credit card details, selected the next day as the delivery date, and entered Ele's work address for delivery. I was astonished when I got an email later on saying it had been picked for dispatch. And I was amazed when it turned up at about 1pm the next day, about 24 hours after the order was placed.

Cheapest price, free next-day delivery, don't even have to actually register on the site... I will certainly use this company again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home