Nej's Natterings

Monday, July 09, 2007

Well I haven't got much to say, but I haven't posted for a week so I thought I should.

The reason for the not-postingness is not because I'm lazy, which I am, or that I've been working hard, which I haven't, but because I've been on another programming course (this time on D-Flat, or C-Sharp as Microsoft like to call it, and C# as they like to write it).

You may feel that my employer values me highly, and is keen to invest in me. To this, I would say "codswallop". I'd actually say something ruder, but children might read this - specifically Jessica - and then I'd get told off by Ele. Anyway, the reason this is bollo-, er codswallop is because the only reason I was on a course was because my employer has a cunning strategy of "don't replace any staff if they quit". So when one of the C# programmers from one of our other offices left, they decided to train me and another guy here, so that we can do his work as well as our own.

Still, I get to put it on my CV and that's all that matters. It was up in London, a stones throw away (if you're really good at throwing) from Bank tube station, which made for a surprisingly easy journey each morning. Apart from the day that my "Via Bank" train decided to become a "Via Charing-Cross" train, which I fortunately realised before the point-of-no-return that is Kennington. But it meant I lost my seat and couldn't keep reading my book. Very distressing.

Next week I'm off on another course (ASP.NET, in case you're wondering), but only for 3 days. Still, it's a further thing to go on my CV and it's better than sitting in the office all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home