Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Excellent service

I've long said that it's all very well judging a company by its service when delivering an item you have purchased, but a far better indicator is how they deal with you when things go wrong.

I was fortunate recently to have excellent after-sales service from Novatech. Ele's dad's PC was overheating to a huge degree, and would eventually shut down during intensive use. My first response was to purchase a new heatsink and fan, and some new thermal compound. So, I duly purchased a Zalman combo. This made no difference, which was puzzling, and left me out of ideas. So I had to do something terrifying and rare (for me). I had to contact their technical support department.

I filled out the support form on the Novatech site (the PC was bought not too long ago) and the next day had a response that indicated they knew of the issue, that it was an incompatability with the specific CPU and motherboard combination, and said that they could either pickup the entire system or could ship a new CPU for me to swap myself. I would be charged for the CPU but it would be refunded when they received the old one back.

So, not wanting to ship the whole system, and being capable of swapping a CPU I opted for the second choice. The next day, the new CPU arrived (a slightly faster model), which I installed and it immediately cured the problem. Novatech then arranged for the old one to be picked up the next day (all this at their cost), and when it was received back at their offices they called me to say they had got it back and would be processing the refund immediately.

I was very impressed. They immediately established the cause of the problem, speedily rectified it and left me not one penny out of pocket, and even replaced the part with a faster one.

I will certainly be buying from them again, and recommending them to anyone that asks me for advice.

If only service like this was more common.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home