Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I see crashed people

I seem to possess the power of the second sight.

This morning I dropped off the car at the dealer for them to fix the following:

1 - Electric mirrors not adjusting or folding
2 - Intermittent "Pssshhhht" noise when revving over 4000Rpm.
3 - Broken Steering Lock
4 - Broken Trim in the boot.

They did fix the mirrors but that's it. They claimed to have fixed the steering lock, but they lied, and the trim is on order now. I made the mistake of saying the "Pssshhhht" noise was intermittent, so obviously it didn't occur whilst they had the car.

They supplied me with a battered small white car, in which they had mistakenly installed the engine from a blender. Come to think of it, we couldn't find the base for our blender at the weekend, so I bet that's where they got it from. They had also put the indicators and window wiper controls on the wrong side, so that every time I flicked the wipers on, which was often, as it was raining, traffic behind me screeched and swerved as my indicators came on. This probably explained why the car was so battered.

On the way to pick up the sort-of-fixed car at lunchtime, I got stuck in a jam. The cause was a broken down van but just after that is a junction that was continually being blocked by cars crossing it coming from my right. Well, technically they weren't crossing it, but rather blocking my way by virtue of being so brain-dead they thought that blocking a major A-road whilst they queued was a good thing to do.

I thought to myself that's dangerous, there'll be an accident there before long.

So I wasn't in the least bit suprised that my second sight had come good, as on my way back after retrieving my car there was indeed an accident. It involved a Corsa and a Saxo. Therefore it's a good chance they were both chavs (certainly one was, as he was wearing a baseball cap) and thus the outcome is two less chav-mobiles on the road, which is a good result all round.

I just hope it wasn't caused by me indicating by mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home