Nej's Natterings

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Winning ticket

All too often you read about somebody who has scooped millions on the lottery, and then says they won't change. They've had the same job for thirty years, putting biscuits into packets or something, and live in a small semi somewhere not exactly wonderful.

"Oh, it won't change me. I'll keep going to work, and I won't move. I'd miss me mates and me neighbours. I might buy a new car though. A nice Ford Focus or something, and we'll splash out on a holiday to Marbella."

This is not what the lottery is about! If you've no intention of changing, then don't buy a bloody ticket. Or give the winnings to me.

The whole point is it offers you a shot (admittedly an incredibly long one) at leaving all that behind. At buying a big house and a Ferrari and flying first class around the globe.

So it was very refreshing to read of a lady who won about £8m at the weekend. Once she'd recovered, she walked over to her job at a cinema, told her bosses to stick their job and walked out again to go shopping. She now has plans to buy a great big house and generally enjoy her winnings to the full. As well she should. The best bit though, was that she celebrated with a take-away pizza, which is exactly what I'd have done.

You go, girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home