Nej's Natterings

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sorry

My bank appears to be annoying me.

Over the past few months, within about 3 microseconds of the Bank of England announcing a rise in interest rates, my bank has also announced it shall be following suit and raising my mortgage accordingly.

So, when the interest rates were cut last week, I expected a similarly swift reduction in my rate. But apparently, this hasn't happened. At least not yet. In celebration of the fact that today is Plain English Day, I shall ask this plain and simple question: Why the fuck not?

Sorry. They've cut the rate for savers already (within about 3 microseconds) but are obviously deciding to sit making a nice unexpected profit on the extra mortgage rates whilst they decide. And, of course, they could decide not to decrease their rate at all. In which case they are absolute and complete fucking bastards who all deserve to have their dogs killed and their houses covered in cow shit. Sorry.

There really should be some law against this. It means the cut in rates, lauded throughout the media, has absolutely zero effect on me, because the fucking bank wants to keep all the fucking money for itself. Sorry, again.

As you can see, this has slightly fucking irked me. Sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home